Program Director: DuShaun Goings, email@example.com, 847.721.2236
The Tippecanoe Youth Center is a non-profit after-school program designed to provide underserved grades K-12 students with extra curricular activity filled, academic based, safe environment. Our goal is to help positively shape the minds and bodies of our community’s future leaders!
Our mission is to assist single family households, low-income families and at-risk youth with a safe environment and after-school programming that will help improve school grades, attendance, behavior and social skills.
The Needs in Tippecanoe County:
- There is a need for youth within our community to have strong role models, mentors and guidance after school.
- There is a need to keep youth off the streets and away from gangs, drugs and alcohol.
- There is a need to have a safe place so that children are not home alone because their parent or parents work past the time they arrive home from school or they arrive home with no structured or extra curricular activities.
How the Tippecanoe Youth Center Meets the Needs:
- We provide Purdue students as staff and volunteers to be role models and mentors to our youth.
- We provide groups and extra curricular activities such as homework help and tutoring, Girl Scouts, 4H clubs, board games, basketball, kickball, wiffle ball, video games and movies, and much more.
- We provide youth with a safe place to go after school that provides extra curricular activities, adult monitoring, a healthy snack and activities that will help them continue to grow and learn throughout the afternoon.